Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 25 of 365 Day Experiment -- January 25

I saw these interesting tracks on the side of the highway on the way to church today. They started and ended abruptly and were very aimless in their pattern. I wonder what made them -- a mole, perhaps?

It has been a prayerful week for me as our church voted today to call a new sr. pastor. Last night, as I looked outside to check the weather before heading to bed, I saw one supremely bright star directly out front of my house. It was the only star I could see. It was so bright that I thought it was a plane, but it never moved. It had a star-shaped halo around it. I couldn't help but see it as a promise from God that He is very aware of, and in control of, what is happening at my church. Then this morning, we sang the hymn, "I Want To Walk As A Child Of The Light." The first line of the refrain says, "In Him there is no darkness at all." As we sang, the sun was shining as bright as it could through the windows and it was such a neat object lesson for the song we were singing. I love it when that happens!

I must note that we've had a great interim.... you've got to love a guy who will get up and sing a verse of Bob Dylan's "The Times -- They Are A Changin'".

-- I'm thankful for when God shows up












No comments: