Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 16 of 365 Day Experiment -- January 16

Reading one of my favorite magazines. I like it for its feature stories, plus the reviews on movies, TV shows and books. I rarely recognize any of the music artists. Guess I'm getting old! In this issue, there are a couple of things worth mentioning.

First, in the fashion review of the Golden Globes, they said this of Renee Zellweger's dress: "... the usually chic actress was a complete peekadon't." Love that new word!

Second, Stephen King talks in his column about not making New Year's resolutions, but instead focusing on wishes and hopes. He says that in 2009, he plans to contribute a dollar to a charity for every one he spends on a movie, DVD, or iTune download. He says, "I wish that you, dear reader, would do the same. If you can't, I understand -- 2009's shaping up to be a horror show -- but I can wish. Because wishes are how good things start." How about we all take up this challenge?

-- I'm thankful for worthy charities and the work they do.

No comments: