Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 22 of 365 Day Experiment -- January 22

Took this out of my office window.

I think sunsets will become a regular photo subject in this project because we get some real beauties here at camp. It will be so nice when snow ceases to be a photo choice!

-- I'm thankful for the regular rhythms of the day... the dawning and dying of the sun. There's something peaceful about the expectation that when a day finishes, another will come. I do take it for granted, even though I know it could end at any time with God taking me home when He is ready. But for the most part, I know that I will see the sun set tonight and rise again in the morning. I like that. I hope this project is making me appreciate these gifts even more. I can't help but think of the opening song at Chautauqua's Sacred Songs Services:

Day is dying in the west;
Heav’n is touching earth with rest;
Wait and worship while the night
Sets the evening lamps alight
Through all the sky.

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of Hosts!
Heav’n and earth are full of Thee!
Heav’n and earth are praising Thee,
O Lord most high!

No comments: