Friday, November 04, 2005

I’m Fed Up…

… with rules that exist for the sake of simply being rules, with no regard for sensibility. Like companies that won’t order something because it isn’t on the “approved list,” even when that something is cheaper than what IS on the approved list. Or organizations that won’t give money to a worthy cause because it is outside their money distribution guidelines, never mind that they could save someone who is starving to death. Unfortunately, I have to remain vague here so as not to incriminate myself. But do these types of situations irk anybody else, or is it just me? What if Rosa Parks had said, “Well, I better get to the back of the bus because that’s where they told me to sit.”

3 comments:

Lukas McKnight said...

Good thoughts. It's amazing how people get caught up in the wrong things and ideas and TOTALLY miss the big picutre. Like this-

Link, click here

I mean, what's the goal? Help your neighbor, or shun all things you deem sinful?

Barb Hungerford said...

Lukas,
This is a perfect example of what I was talking about. A sad example...

Barb

Anonymous said...

You are not vague enough Barb.. :-) but I AGREE. We also must remember though that we cannot GIVE UP just b/c those around us have that mind set. We must do as the Lord is leading each of us.. There is ALWAYS PLAN B! Blessings